Thursday, October 30, 2014

Trick or Treat?


OOOOO~~~ Halloween is approaching us and will you give a treat or get tricked? Hopefully...not the latter. As the first holiday of the fall season is here, it really kickstarts all the festivities which makes me SUPER excited. By trying to stay tuned and be in the spirit, I decided to carve a pumpkin this year! As you can see, it turned out rather decent for a rookie ;) I hope it's obvious that its a menacing jack skeleton.... and in keeping with "treat" portion of halloween, you can say I got quite a few goodies this past month that is in tune with a fashionistas sweet tooth. 

Posted above is the Chanel medium boy bag. The new classic in my opinion. It's quilted but with a tomboy edge which is what I love about it. It is super spacious with an adjustable strap that can be worn long or short (I tend to do a cross body look, regardless of the size).

ANYWAY, back to the point of getting into the holiday spirit, I'm gonna show you the easy steps to carving your own pumpkin if you haven't already. And at the end of the post, a sweet treat to satisfy those sweet tooths out there! 


Step 1. Find a template of the design you would like to carve onto your pumpkin. You could either poke holes from the template onto the pumpkin, then carve. Or, the way I did it was I cut the template and taped it on the pumpkin and traced it with an ink pen. Make sure the pen is removable with water so you can remove any lines from the pumpkin later.


Step 2. Make an angle cut around the stem to carve out the pumpkin gunk. Make sure the cut is at an angle so when you put the stem lid back on, it will not fall through the pumpkin. P.S. you can keep the pumpkin seeds and toast them later!


Step 3. Cut out the pumpkin face based on the outlines you made earlier, and your result should look like this or whatever design you have chosen! I kind of made me steps super condensed, but you get the gist of it :D 

Now....for the grand finale of tasty treats to eat after your hard work of carving....SUGAR COOKIES. Place it. Bake it. Eat it. Can't get any easier than that right? These cookies are so amazingly delicious and cute. Can't go wrong!


Thanks for keeping up with my post this week! I hope you have a safe and fun Halloween!! 
OOOO~~~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment